Beloit Transit will hold the following opportunities to solicit input from the public regarding the proposed changes. There will be NO fare increases as part of this proposal. The newly modified routes are scheduled to begin on Monday, November 1, 2021.
Open House – Route and Plan Review
On the following dates and locations, Transit staff will be present to answer questions, receive comments, and provide maps and timing points for transfer locations and major destinations. All locations are in Beloit, Wisconsin.
- Wednesday, September 22, 2021 from 9:00AM-11:00AM at Beloit Transfer Center, 225 Shirland Ave.
- Saturday, October 2, 2021 from 10:00AM-12:00PM at the Beloit Public Library, 605 Eclipse Blvd.
- Thursday, October 14, 2021 from 3:00PM-5:00PM at the Beloit Transfer Center, 225 Shirland Ave.
9-17-2021 through 10-17-2021 (30 Day Public Review and Comment Period: The proposed routes will be available for public review and comment on the City’s Website at Beloittransit.com. A hardcopy of the proposed routes will also be available at the Beloit Public Library during regular business hours, and Beloit Transit Headquarters at 1225 Willowbrook, Beloit, Wisconsin, Monday through Friday from 7:30AM-3:30PM.
Monday, 10-18-2021: A public hearing will be held and final action will be taken on the proposed route modifications during the regularly scheduled City Council meeting at 7:00PM.
For further information or to submit comments, contact Beloit Transit at (608)364-2870 or submit a comment through the Beloit Transit website Beloittransit.com.
- When leaving the Transfer Center and going north on Bluff St, will now go straight down Bluff St to Portland Ave and turn right, will not make a right turn at St Lawrence Ave.
- When going to Transfer Center going south on Hackett St, will turn left at St Lawrence then right onto Eighth St then left onto W Grand, will not continue south on Hackett St to W Grand Ave
- When leaving the Transfer Center going to Piggly Wiggly heading north on Prairie Ave will continue north on Prairie Ave, will not turn left onto Porter Ave.
- When leaving Piggly Wiggly will not go to Eclipse Center (Library), will follow Park Ave, Summit Ave, Wisconsin Ave, Keeler Ave, and Park Ave route to Transfer Center.
- When heading downtown going west on Emerson St, will turn left onto Wisconsin Ave then left onto E Grand to Broad St to return back to Transfer Center.
- After serving Kerry Ingredients and heading south Gateway Blvd, will turn right onto Cranston Rd, then left onto Milwaukee Rd (making the left turn to stay on Milwaukee Rd not continue onto White Ave), turn right onto Emerson, turn left onto Park Ave, turn right onto Broad St back to the Transfer Center.
- When heading to Woodmans going west on Liberty Ave, will continue to make a right turn onto Frederick St then a right onto Whipple then left turn onto Madison Rd, will not travel down Division St.
- When leaving Piggly Wiggly going to Transfer Center heading south on Prairie Ave, will turn right onto Copeland Ave, right turn onto Park Ave, left turn onto Eclipse Blvd and into Eclipse Center (Library). When departing Eclipse Center (Library) turn right onto Eclipse Blvd, turn right onto Riverside Dr, turn left onto Henry Ave and continue on Maple Ave. Turn left onto Sixth St, turn right onto Middle St, turn left onto Bluff St, turn left onto Liberty, turn right onto Fourth St and continue to Transfer Center.